Let’s just cut to the chase. I was watching Good Day New York. And found these statistics unsurprising:
1/3 of employees feel under appreciated by their boss
2/3 say they’d do a better job if they got along better with their bosses
This is costing America $360 Billion in lost productivity.
Better Boss or Raise?
Employees find their bosses “unpredictable” and are “feeling unappreciative”
5 Reasons to Tell Your Boss Go F*** Themselves (title of a book!)
– If you are miserable at work
– If the job is boring and tedious
– If your job is destroying your relationships with colleagues, family or friends.
– If you find the work to be senseless.
– If you do not find any sense of accomplishment in your work.
If you feel any of these, it’s time to leave.
It takes 22 months to rid oneself of a bad boss (almost 2 years!)
Solution – “Jolts of Joy”
go to the gym during lunch, go have lunch outside, listen to music, anything that has nothing to do with the boss!